Saturday, February 8, 2014

It's been a while since I posted. The Lake Writer's Guild meeting was inspiring today. New faces were present as well as new ideas.  I really like the direction this group is taking, and everyone is full of positive energy.
   I submitted material from my latest book for critique, and the response was wonderful. Some of the members had contacted me privately with their thoughts on my writing, and I had taken them to heart. I get caught up in the writing, and at some point the story takes on a life of its own and I just roll with it. The opinions of readers are valuable to me, and I appreciated everyone's comments. It's hard for me to put into words, but I know when something needs work, needs polish, needs changes, but sometimes I'm too close to be able to see it.  Thanks, everyone - for comments and direction. I feel really great about the things I heard.
   If nothing else, keeping up with this blog will get me writing every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment